Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Page 11 - Dennis Pettard and Family Tree.

Dennis Pettard (1928 to 1954)

Dennis Patrick Pettard was the first in now, a long line of Dennis Pettards within the family, his story however, was not to be a happy one.  Shortly after the death of his second child at infancy, Dennis died a terrible accident at an oil refinery when engaged on site and construction work.  The family through his son Dennis was to experience further heartbreaks as both his son Dennis and his grandson Dennis also died at early age.  I do remember my uncle Dennis well, he would never miss the opportunity to tease but always found time for me, including my first and only piano lesson. I also remember the funeral day and while I did not attend, I do record being with his son Dennis looking out through a neighbour’s window as the funeral cortège passed, a long time ago now but I expect ones first experience of death is ever lasting.



Family of Dennis Patrick and Sylvia Pettard
1949
Marries
1992
195?
Dennis
Sylvia
1949
195?
Patrick
Harmer
Pettard

Dennis

Margaret




Pettard

Pettard
about 1969
Marries
Dennis 
Caroline
196719751982
Pettard
Ann
Owen
Carrie
Dennis
Caddy




Ann
Pettard
Danniele




Pettard

Pettard

1 comment: